The church, built in neo-Gothic style, was built in 1872 to replace the barn church that stood on the current church square. Pastor Wilhelmus van Lent commissioned architect Carl Weber from Roermond to design the church. There are three bells in the tower. The oldest dates from 1490 and comes from the old disappeared parish church in the Tomakker.
The adjacent rectory was built in 1910 after a design by architect Frans Wolters from Eindhoven. To the left of this church was the home of the sexton Johannes Schafrat, with whom Vincent van Gogh had his workplace.